Friday, May 21, 2010

My Movie Review: MacGruber





































My Movie Review: MacGruber
3/5

Opening Statement: A Saturday Night Live skit, turned into a 99 minute film. The story of MacGruber played by Will Forte and how him and his team of three help America by stopping the evil bad guy played by Val Kilmer from launching a missle into the White House.

What's Good: First things first, this movie is hilarious. Probably the funniest so far this year. I like the attack of cliche' action flicks this parodies. The acting is over the top, the action is ridiculous, but they all contribute to the overall goal of this film. I never lost interest.

What's Bad: Some of the jokes are misses, unfortunately you can't land them all anymore. This film is no where near as clever as past comedies such as The Hangover, Observe and Report, and Pineapple Express. At least there is something new for us to laugh at while we wait for the next comical masterpiece. The vulgarity of this film goes from funny to just plain immature at times. They tell the joke and I would just think to myself, the writers are more clever than that. But I was impressed the unimpressed.

Consensus: A Fun, Vulgar comedy. It succeeds in making you laugh. See this movie if you are looking for a good dose of comedy.




No comments:

Post a Comment