Friday, June 18, 2010











































My Movie Review: Toy Story 3
4.5/5

Opening Statement: Woody and the gang are back, this time their owner Andy is all grown up and heading to college. Through a series of mishaps the toys end up donated to what seems to be a paradise daycare called Sunnyside, they soon realize it isn't a paradise at all, and end up on one of the most epic adventures in Pixar history.


What's Good: Pixar wraps its beloved trilogy up well. With such a storyline premise, we are already set up for tears, I was unable to see this film in 3D however I don't think it would change my review in any manner, because Pixar does what it does best and that is true emotion. They use a multi-genre atmosphere, blending elements of comedy, drama, adventure, action, horror, and they keep it so it appeals to, not just kids, but everyone. Each genre reflected here works well, it is very funny and very tender to the hearts of grown ups and kids. I remember being 6 or 7 seeing the first Toy Story in theaters, then 9 or 10 when the second was out, what is amazing to me is its like i've grown up with Andy, and the whole premise of the hardship of giving up a toy that has emotional value truly is depressing, I will be heading to college in about a month, leaving everything including my memories of my hometown. This movie couldn't have picked a better time to come out. If this isn't the end of the trilogy, I don't care if Pixar keeps making Toy Stories I will keep watching them.

What's Bad: It does land as much as a classic as the first Toy Story does, however if I compared every movie to the first Toy Story that be incredibly unfair of me. Like I said Toy Story 3 is faithful to its prequels, beyond faithful, it fits perfectly. Some of the humor in the movie didn't land like it should've and that is my only concern, but it really is not a big deal, this is a borderline 5/5 review.

Consensus: Very funny and Tearjerking, Toy Story 3 wraps up what is considerably one of the greatest trilogies of all time.





No comments:

Post a Comment