Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Movie Review: How to Train Your Dragon

























My Movie Review: How to Train Your Dragon
4.5/5

Opening Statement: In a world where a vikings main goal is to kill pests known as dragons, the biggest, baddest viking has a scrawny nerdy teenage son named Hiccup. Shunned by his family and friends as a serious person, or someone who will ever amount to anything, he befriends a dragon secretly and trains it. Meanwhile at home his father is having him train to kill dragons.

Whats Good? This is a fantastic movie. How to Train Your Dragon soars in every way. With Pixar's Up setting the bar very high for animated films, Dragon puts it in good competition. The adventure in this film is extraordinary, accompanied with a visual experience that shows us why 3-D exists in the first place. At times this film feels like a thrill ride at Universal Studios or something. This movie also shows that an animated film doesn't have to be brutally emotional to appeal to adults, this appealed to my adventurous side in every way. I can undoubtedly say this is the best Dreamworks animated film i've ever seen. Knocking Antz down from its number one peg.

Whats Bad? Absolutely nothing is bad. I can see how some very precise critics can catch cliche's in here, and familiar formulas. I know I did, but honestly I was so stunned visually and how tied into the story I was, I could careless that I knew how it was going to end.

Consensus: Kids, adults, whoever the hell you are, see this movie. Its worth the ticket price and the 3-D price, I wish I could see this in IMAX. This is a heart-warming tale, that will pull you in from beginning to end.

OTHER MOVIES MENTIONED IN THIS ARTICLE
Up 5/5
Antz 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment