Friday, March 19, 2010

My Movie Review: Cop Out


My Movie Review: Cop Out
1.5/5

Where do I start... Cop Out is a failure. Director Kevin
Smith makes his first flop. Kevin Smith recently tweeted to
a fan regarding the movie that the negative critic reviews
were because "the critics reviewed him not the movie." So
i'm not going to sit here and complain about how Kevin
Smith could do better, honestly we know he can so i'll leave
his name out of the rest of this post. The thing I really didn't
like about Cop Out besides the fact that it was an unfunny
comedy is the formula. The concept here was to make a
parody of old cop shows and use a mismatched couple
of actors to be funny. The story itself is simple, almost hits
the originality mark a couple times, but ultimately fails
to appeal to any true comical emotion. A "b" story but
it could've worked. I did laugh a couple times, but it's been
an hour since i've seen the movie and I wouldn't be able
to tell you any of the jokes i've laughed at. In one year time
I will not remember a single thing that happened in this film.
Next subject, the acting. Bruce Willis is that actor with
potential, unfortunately I don't ever think he will meet his
potential and he is definitely not going to find it doing
comedy. Tracy Morgan is simply not funny. His over the top
stupid humor is held back in this sometimes but he still
keeps his irritating tone, the same feeling you get when
someone tells a really unfunny joke and looks around the
room for people laughing when no one is. The music in this movie is very 80's cop show, and you can tell it's
meant to be that way, if only maybe they stuck to the parodying of cop shows it would be funny. The story
is predictable and simply not entertaining. This will be the first Kevin Smith film that I will not recommend
I do not see this as a Kevin Smith film, this is just a speed bump, hopefully he won't sell out on us like this
again.

















No comments:

Post a Comment